ANA Dependent Care Grant
The American Neurological Association (ANA) provides grants of up to $500 USD to assist Annual Meeting e-poster presenters who incurred costs associated with the care of a dependent(s) during their live e-poster presentation(s) during ANA2020.
Eligible dependents are defined as the following:
- Children under the age of 16
- Disabled1 child, parent, spouse, partner or family member for whom the applicant is the primary caregiver
Grant Eligibility and Terms
- Grant recipients must be available to present their e-poster(s) during the poster viewing hours.
- Funding will be distributed following the Annual Meeting. Each applicant is required to submit the Dependent Care Grant application and supporting documentation.
- Reimbursement may be requested for eligible expenses up to the maximum amount of the grant. Expenses in excess of the grant amount must be borne by the individual recipient. No funds can be distributed prior to the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
Eligible expenses include:2
- Facility based child or adult care expenses incurred due to live e-poster presentations
- Home-based child or adult care expenses incurred due to live e-poster presentations
Expenses not eligible for reimbursement include:
- Other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting (including meeting registration or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting).
Applications will be emailed to e-poster presenters on July 13, 2020. The application submission period is October 9-30, 2020. Each application requires supporting documentation for consideration.
Applicants will be notified no later than November 23, 2020. Please note that there are a limited number of grants available and the ANA may be unable to meet the needs of all applicants.
Applicants with questions can send them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1Including persons diagnosed with a chronic or debilitating medical condition.
2 Funds may not be applied to normal ongoing expenses